Awards & Highlights:
- 2016 Tokyo International Foto Awards, TIFA, three winning series entries
- GOLD in Architecture – Urbanscape
- SILVER in People - Distant Memories
- BRONZE in Architecture – Urbanscape II
- 2016 International Photo Awards Lucie Foundation (IPA)
- Four Honorable Mentions in Urbanscape (3 categories) and Distant Memories
- 2015 International Photo Awards Lucie Foundation (IPA)
- Three Honorable Mentions in Distant Memories (3 categories)
- 2014 Top 20, Emerging Focus competition at PHOTOLA,
- Jurors Ken Gonzales-Day, Peter Frank, Susan Spiritus and Brian Clamp
- 2014 International Photo Awards Lucie Foundation (IPA)
- Honorable Mentions in Crystal Cove series
- 2013 International Photo Awards Lucie Foundation (IPA)
- SILVER in Architecture - Urbanscape
- 2014 Finalist in Emerging Focus, exhibits at Photo l.a. January 2014, largest photo fair on the West Coast
The renowned International Photography Award (IPA) by the Lucie Foundation received on average over 20,000 submissions from around 110 countries across the globe.
2017 Curator for Common Threads group show, Art Share LA
2016 Curator/producer for Open Show LA
2015 Curator for the November exhibit at the LA Photo Curator
2015 Curator/producer for Open Show LA
Selected Bibliography, Reviews:
- Photo Book Distant Memories series, limited edition published 2016. Available now. One of the winners for MOPLA 1st annual Photo book competition.
- Gallery Solo show Distant Memories – review by Joseph Hazani, art critic, podcast host of fine arts and photography on Distant Memories 2016 at Gallery Presents, Hawthorne.
- City News (Channel 22) interview for Solo exhibit at Gallery Presents (Phantom Gallery), May 2016.
- Interview by Shoebox Public Relations about Open Show LA at PHOTOLA Fair, Jan 2016
- Gallery show review, by Huffington Post, By Eric Trules on the Distant Memories series. Sept, 2016.
- The Eye of Photography” review by author Andy Romanoff for DISTANT MEMORIES - by L’Oeil de la photographie published in English and French. May 2015
- 2015, 2106, online exhibits by Lenscratch.com
- Photo Book Urbansape (aka Color Redux), limited edition, out of print
- Limited edition monogram, Jazz at LACMA (LA County Museum of Arts), Curator Mitch Glickman
- Limited edition monogram, Aesthetics 2007, 2009.
- Nikon Calendar for global distribution from annual competition, image Twilight for month of November.
IPA AWARDS in 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016:
IPA 2015 – Int’l photography awards, Lucie Foundation
Very excited to receive awards for Honorable Mention in 3 categories – at the 2015 IPA International Photography Awards! Thanks to all 117+ jurors in this year’s competition and of course the Lucie Foundation. Apparently they received 17841 submissions from over 230 countries.
IPA 2014 – Int’l photography awards, Lucie Foundation
Honorabe Mention | Architecture category |
Richard’s series entitled “Crystal Cove Historic District (portfolio)”. see Award entries here.
IPA 2013 – Int’l photography awards, Lucie Foundation
2nd Place Winner | Architecture: Cityscapes Non-Pro |
Richard’s fine art photograph series “Color Redux | Urban Landscape” was selected by a distinguished panel of more than 75 jurists, and received 2nd Place in the IPA – int’l photography awards for the Architecture: Cityscapes category. This annual competition for photographers on a global level, is one of the most ambitious and comprehensive competitions in the photography world today. The 2013 competition has recieved over 15000 entries from all over the world.
See the IPA winner’s gallery for 2013
- Lucie Awards held its eleventh award show in 2013 at Carnegie Hall in New York City. It has made its mark by passing out award statues (looking like Oscars).
- The Lucie Awards celebrates master photographers and visionaries, showcases the winning work of the collaborating International Photography Awards (IPA) competition, and acknowledges the year’s best in photography through six Support Category Awards. The IPA/Lucie Foundation scholarship winner will be recognized during the awards ceremony.
Finalist | EMERGING FOCUS [Contest] @ photo l.a. 2014
Richard was selected as one of 20 finalists for the EMERGING FOCUS [Contest] @ photo l.a. 2014. And was exhibited at photo l.a. at the LA Mart in downtown Los Angeles. The EMERGING FOCUS Launch Party at photo l.a. 2014 took place on the evening of Friday, January 17th, where the 4 Jurists discussed the annual contest and awarded an on-the-spot Honorary Mention to Richard’s image “A New Angle” below.