Camera-less alternative photography - Lumen and Cyanolumen prints on expired or matte silver gelatin paper. Original 1 of 1.Go to Vanishing Light
Camera-less alternative photography - cyanotypesGo to Luminous
Floral Noir II
Floral Noir II Honorable Mention award in 2020 at International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation.Go to Floral Noir II
Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention awards in 2016 and 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 130+ jurors in the annual competition, who received over 20,000 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
Road Less Travelled
Street photography - around the world.Go to Road Less Travelled
This series won IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category. Silver award in 2013, HM's in 2016 and 2017.Go to Urbanscape
Into the Light
Honorable Mention awards in 2017 and 2018 at International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Series sold to American Hotel in Downtown LA and other collectors.Go to Into The Light
Honorable Mention award in 2018 at International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation.Go to Floral Noir
Abstract PhotographyGo to Abstract
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
Be Not Proud
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
I sincerely hope that you and yours are staying healthy and safe in this challenging Covid times. Please stay well!
News + Exhibits
- Solo exhibit in the Art Gallery at the Main Theatre, Santa Clarita Arts Commission, Newhall, CA
- Annual UPA Gallery group show, Florida Museum of Photographic Arts (FMoPA), Tampa FL
- CA 101, juried exhibit, Redondo Beach Historic Library, CA.
- Griffin Museum, juried 28th Members exhibit, Boston MA
- BEGIN/AGAIN, features CSUN Arts Alumni, Open Mind Art Space, West Los Angeles CA
- MOAH Cedar 37th juried exhibit, Museum of Art and History (MOAH), Lancaster CA
- LA Art Show, Los Angeles Convention Center, @ bG Gallery booth
- Indistinct Chatter group show, juried by Robert Benítez curator for MOAH, @ Gallery 825/LAAA
- Online exhibits at Gallery 825/LAAA, West Hollywood, CA
- #Hot100of2021 selected by curators from Your Daily Photograph, out of 4500 photographers worldwide.
See CV for full list of exhibits
If you have a moment, please check out my online portfolios at these fine art galleries:
In celebration of the exhibit at FMoPA (Florida Museum of Photographic Arts) in Tampa FL – a special print sale HERE for the Distant Memories series, with major discounts on various print sizes from 8″x8″. The print will be shipped out to you directly.
If you like to share one of your memories, click here. It can potentially to be included in the 2nd edition book.
- Very grateful to received an art review on the exhibit at the Brittany Davis Gallery, on the new work with Camera-less Alternative Photography. The Review is authored by Mr. Joseph Hazani of dilettante.com“Richard Chow’s Visible Light 1 is a wonderful aim at melding a mastery of technique with idea. The cosmic blending, which occurs organically from the Cyanolumen photo-chemical processing to give us Mr. Chow’s own rendition of a “starry night”, scintillates when it lands directly on top of a humble prairieland farmer’s barn. This is veritably a natural formation, of the artists playfulness with light, but also confidence with the uncontrollable reactions which occur chemically. Perhaps this is where fine art photography continues to pave its way – diverging from the amateur toward demanding in the artist’s mind’s eye more and more danger and adventure in representing what can be gleaned from natural light. If only the size was much larger to deliver us more of an awe-inspiring burst!”
- Very honored to win awards from IPA 2020! Received 4 Honorable Mentions with 3 submitted portfolios. IPA awards 2020
Select Exhibits / Installations
- Putting on my curator/producer hat for the the next OPEN SHOW LA event & our new OSLA website or Instagram, where you can find previous events, pictures and presenters.
- A full schedule in 2022 is in progress, see our website.
- Please submit to our upcoming events. At OpenShow LA, we like to Get Your Work Seen.