Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention awards in 2016 and 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 130+ jurors in the annual competition, who received over 20,000 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
This series won IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category. Silver award in 2013, HM's in 2016 and 2017.Go to Urbanscape
B/W - Road Less Travelled
Black and White | Film-not-Dead | Street photography in cities around the world.Go to B/W
Into the Light
Honorable Mention awards in 2017 and 2018 at International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Series sold to American Hotel in Downtown LA and other collectors.Go to Into The Light
Honorable Mention award in 2018 at International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation.Go to Floral Noir
Abstract PhotographyGo to Abstract
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
Be Not Proud
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
News + Exhibits
- Exhibit at FOCUS Photo L.A., 1st Runner Up award (out of 1500 entries), location H11 at the Barker Hanger, Santa Monica, CA. Jan 31-Feb 3.
- Exhibit at Photo L.A. with OpenShow LA alumni, location G10 at the Barker Hanger, Santa Monica, CA. Jan 31-Feb 3.
- Moderator in the Photobook Roundtable Panel discussion, Sun Feb 3, 11:30am.
- Street Shooting around the World exhibit, at LA Center of Photography, Hollywood, CA. Feb 8 – Mar 8. Juror Nick Turpin from London UK. Opening Feb 8. Part of Street Week.
- Creative Portraits show at LA Center of Photography, Hollywood, CA. Dec 15 to Feb 2. Curated by Nick and David Fahey of Fahey/Klein Gallery, Los Angeles.
- IPA 2018 -Extremely happy and grateful to receive 4 Honorable Mentions in the 2018 IPA International Photography Awards on 4 separate series/images. Curated by a team of 72 jurors.
- I am at ARTSY.NET, represented by Fabrik Project Gallery in Culver City, CA. Check out the photography offered at Artsy, a premier go-to site for great photographic arts. Hit the Follow button to see my new additions.
- New books, have a look…
- Very grateful to receive an art review for my solo at MOAH, thanks Genie Davis:
Richard Chow’s “Distant Memories”, is a lovely black and white series that takes us from the village to the sea. Capturing elegiac images of a childhood he could’ve experienced on Southern California beaches, but as an immigrant, did not; he’s collected a beautiful series of images into wall installations. Viewed at a remove through pier telescopes and long lenses, Chow lets us view just glimpses of wonder, a personal window into community, family, and love. Subjects from the Manhattan Beach Pier to body-boarders in the surf framed by the shade of a beach umbrella cumulatively shape and recreate an ephemeral time and place that never quite was, but always will be.” – Genie Davis
- Putting on my producer hat for the the next OPEN SHOW LA event
- OSLA #50 at Photo L.A., Barker Hanger, Santa Monica. Feb 2, Saturday 1:30pm.
- OSLA #51 at LACP, Los Angeles Center of Photography, Hollywood, March 16. Open call.
- OSLA #52 at Fabrik Projects Gallery, Culver City. Late April.
- Please submit to our next upcoming events. At OpenShoa LA, we like to Get Your Work Seen.