This series won an IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category.Go to Urbanscape
Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention award in 3 categories at the 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 117+ jurors in this year's competition, who received 17841 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
Black and White | Film-not-Dead | Street photography in cities around the world.Go to B/W
News / Recent Exhibits
- Photographic Language, Group Exhibit at the Lark Gallery, Hawthorne CA, Oct 1 to 22, Reception on Oct 1 from 5-9pm
- Venice Art 23rd Anniversary Gala exhibit – Oct 8 to Nov 5. With the gala celebration on Nov 5 from 5-8pm.
- Putting on my producer hat for the the next OPEN SHOW LA event - OPENSHOW LA #37 will be presented at Venice Arts on Oct 18, 7:30-10pm.
- New Book - please have a look.
- Manhattan Beach Library “Beyond Books Art and Jazz Concert”, Sept 17
- Double Vision group exhibit at the Gloria Delson Contemporary Art in Downtown LA, curated by Petra Wright – Aug 1 to Aug 31.
- Human Rights Project Exhibit at The Gallery Presents (Phantom Galleries Los Angeles) at Hawthorne CA, July 30th to Aug 21st.
- 2016 CA 101 annual juried Art Exhibit curated by Nina Zak Laddon - South Bay Galleria, Redondo Beach CA. July 22 – July 31.
- Solo Exhibit - At The Gallery Presents a solo show, curated by Dulce Stein. April 30 to June 26. It is also a featured exhibit by MOPLA (Month of Photography LA) by the Lucie Foundation. THANK YOU for coming to the opening! See Show Review, thanks to Joseph Hazani, Art Critic. And see gallery pictures
- Out There exhibit at Gallery 825 (LA Art Association) on LaCienga Blvd – June 10 to 17.
- Photo Independent April 29-May 1, at Raleigh Studio, Hollywood. In the LACP booth, LA Center of Photography. Great crowd!
- MOPLA Group exhibit “Diverse/City” at the Arena 1 Gallery, Santa Monica Art Studios, an official themed event for MOPLA. Opening reception on April 9th, show runs thru May 9th.
- MOPLA Instagram Jam at the Smashbox Studios, Culver City CA. Curated by Lucie Foundation.
- Group exhibit at the 1560 Gallery, Echo Park CA, entitled “Reflections the Visual Echo” Two of my photographs are included.
- Exhibited at the 50th anniversary Photo l.a. Fair in January of 2016, at the OPEN SHOW LA booth. Very pleased with the busy turn-out; seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
IPA/International Photography Awards by The Lucie Foundation – Wining series for three straight years: 2013 (Urbanscape, aka Color Redux), 2014(Crystal Cove) and 2015(Distant Memories in 3 categories).
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight