This series won an IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category.Go to Urbanscape
Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention award in 3 categories at the 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 117+ jurors in this year's competition, who received 17841 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
Black and White | Film-not-Dead | Street photography in cities around the world.Go to B/W
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight
- TIFA 2016 (December) – Tokyo International Foto Awards – Feel blessed and honored to receive 3 winning awards.
- GOLD in Architecture – Urbanscape I
- SILVER in People - Distant Memories
- BRONZE in Architecture – Urbanscape II (BW)
- IPA 2016 – Extremely grateful to receive 4 Honorable Mentions in the 2016 IPA International Photography Awards for 2 of my series:
- Urbanscape BW – Architecture with 3 winning categories a) Cityscape b) Buildings c) Architecture
- Distant Memories – Special Category
- New book, have a look…
- 2017 URBANSCAPE, Gallery 417 at Metro 417, Downtown LA. Artist Reception on May 11, 6-8pm. 417 South Hill St., Suite#100, LA CA 90013. Corner of 4th and Hill. Metro Red Line @ Pershing Square. Hours M-F 9-6pm, SAT 10-4pm.
- 2017 Distant Memories + URBANSCAPE, Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum at Silver Lake, CA. Aug-Sept.
- 2016 Distant Memories, Gallery Presents (Phantom Gallery LA), Hawthorne CA
- 2015 Memories Redux, Cause Gallery, Chungking Road Art District, Downtown LA
- Solo Exhibit at Gallery 417 at Metro 417, DTLA. Artist Reception on May 11, 6-8pm. 417 South Hill St., Suite#100, LA CA 90013. Corner of 4th and Hill. Metro Red Line @ Pershing Square. Hours M-F 9-6pm, SAT 10-4pm.
- Exteriors group exhibit at Artshare L.A. May 27 to June 14. Reception on May 27, 6pm.
- Putting on my producer hat for the the next OPEN SHOW LA event
- Open Show LA #40 had a great success on April 5th at GDCA Gloria Delson Contemporary Arts in DTLA, a fantastic gallery right on the art walk.
- Please submit for the next event, we like to Get Your Work Seen.
- Photo Independent at the Reef, DTLA. April 21-23. Booth#127.
- Common Threads group show sponsored by Artshare LA, @ the Angel City Brewery. Opening party Feb 9th 6-9pm. Show runs from Feb 2 to March 3. Curated by yours-truly Richard S. Chow. 216 Alameda Street, DTLA Art District, CA 90013. MOPLA featured event Month of Photography LA by Lucie Foundation
- Groundwork Coffee presenting Richard’s URBANSCAPE series, November 2016 to March 30, 2017. Address 671 Rose Ave, Venice CA (Rose near Lincoln Blvd.)
- Female Figures exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery at Bergamot Station, Santa Monica. April 5-12. Opening Reception April 5, 6-9pm.
- Ocean exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery, Bergamot Station Santa Monica, from Jan 6th to 28th. 2525 Michigan Ave, G-8, Santa Monica.
- MOPLA 2017 First Annual Photo Book Exhibit + Reading Room at Venice Arts, from Jan 7th to 29th, at Venice Arts, 1702 Lincoln Blvd., Venice, California 90291
- PHOTO LA 2017 Photography Fair at The Reef/LA Mart, Jan 12 – 15, 2017. 1933 Broadway, Los Angles CA.
- Mini Solo, Perimeter Gallery II at Artshare L.A., Dec 10 to Jan 7. 801 E 4th Place, Los Angeles CA 90013.
- Group Show, Beyond the Lines Gallery, Bergamot Station, Santa Monica, CA, curator Brittany Davis
- Portraits, Beyond the Lines Gallery, Bergamot Station, Santa Monica, CA, curator Brittany Davis
- Venice Art Gala exhibit, Venice Arts, Venice, CA
- Photographic Language, Lark Gallery, Hawthorne CA
- Beyond Books, Manhattan Beach Library, Manhattan Beach CA
- Double Vision, Gloria Delson Contemporary Arts, Art District Downtown LA, curator Petra Wright
- Human Rights, Gallery Presents (Phantom Gallery), Hawthorne CA, curator Dulce Stein
- CA 101, South Bay Galleria, Redondo Beach CA, curator Nina Zak Laddon
- Out There, Gallery 825/LA Art Association, West Hollywood CA, Jurors Francisco George & William Escalera.
- Photo Independent, Raleigh Studio, Hollywood CA
- Diversity/City, Arena 1 Gallery, Lucie Foundation Month of Photo LA (MOPLA) Santa Monica CA
- Instagram Jam MOPLA, Smashbox Studios, Culver City CA
- Reflections, 1560 Gallery, Echo Park CA
- PHOTOLA annual art fair, The Reef, Los Angeles CA
IPA/International Photography Awards by The Lucie Foundation – Wining series for four straight years: 2013 (Urbanscape, aka Color Redux), 2014(Crystal Cove), 2015(Distant Memories in 3 categories), 2016 (Urbanscape BW in 3 categories, Distant Memories).