This series won an IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category.Go to Urbanscape
Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention award in 3 categories at the 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 117+ jurors in this year's competition, who received 17841 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
Black and White | Film-not-Dead | Street photography in cities around the world.Go to B/W
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight
- bG Gallery, Santa Monica – Group Show “Greyscale Wonderland III“ opening reception on January 21st, 2-5pm. Exhibit will be at the FM Fine Art Gallery, 834 N. La Brea Ave. Los Angeles. Jan 21 to Feb 11.
- MOAH Museum of Art and History, North Gallery - Distant Memories series Feb 10 – Apr 22
- Putting on my producer hat for the the next OPEN SHOW LA event
- Event #44, was a big success at at Fabrik Projects Gallery in Culver City, stand room only with 60+ attendees.
- OSLA #45 will be a special collaboration with FOCUS Photo l.a. on March 18 Sunday starting at 1pm. We will present a few of the winners from the FOCUS competition. More details forthcoming.
- Please submit for our later event, which will be early May, we like to Get Your Work Seen.
- 2018 MOAH (Museum of Art and History, Lancaster), It Takes a Village, Richard will be at the North Gallery, displaying the Distant Memories series
- 2017 Convergent Evolution, Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum at Silver Lake, CA. Aug 29 to Sept 17.
- 2017 URBANSCAPE, Gallery 417 at Metro 417, Downtown LA. Artist Reception on May 11, 6-8pm. 417 South Hill St., Suite#100, LA CA 90013. Corner of 4th and Hill. Metro Red Line @ Pershing Square. Hours M-F 9-6pm, SAT 10-4pm. Press Release.
- 2016 Distant Memories, Gallery Presents (Phantom Gallery Presents), Hawthorne CA
- 2015 Memories Redux, Cause Gallery, Chung-king Road Art District, Downtown LA
- IPA 2017 -Extremely happy and grateful to receive Silver award and 3 Honorable Mentions in the 2017 IPA International Photography Awards for 2 of my series:
- Silver award for the URBANSCAPE series / Architecture category
- 3 Honorable awards for the Into the Light series / a) Fine Art Abstract, b) Digital Enhanced, c) Advertizing
- TIFA 2016 (December) - Tokyo International Foto Awards - Feel blessed and honored to receive 3 winning awards.
- GOLD in Architecture – Urbanscape I
- SILVER in People - Distant Memories
- BRONZE in Architecture – Urbanscape II (BW)
- IPA 2016 - Extremely grateful to receive 4 Honorable Mentions in the 2016 IPA International Photography Awards for 2 of my series:
- Urbanscape BW – Architecture with 3 winning categories a) Cityscape b) Buildings c) Architecture
- Distant Memories – Special Category
2017 Exhibits ( 2 solo, 15 group shows)
- Venice Arts Gala, group exhibit, Oct 7 to Nov 4, 2017. Venice, CA.
- Inaugural exhibit “California Rising” a group show at “Fabrik Projects Gallery“, Culver City Art District, CA
- Convergent Evolution, Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum at Silver Lake, CA. Aug 29 to Sept 17. Received 2 art reviews on my solo show Convergent Evolution at the Neutra Museum Gallery.
- LACP Los Angeles Center of Photography Members Exhibit at dnj Gallery at Bergamot Station, Santa Monica.
- LAAA Gallery 825 Annual Benefit and Exhibit, West Hollywood West, CA.
- MOAH Museum of Art and History at Lancaster CA, Cedarfest-32nd annual Juried exhibit, June 17-Aug 6.
- Solo Exhibit at Gallery 417 at Metro 417, DTLA. Artist Reception on May 11 to June 6. 417 South Hill St., LA CA . Corner of 4th and Hill. Metro Red Line @ Pershing Square.
- Exteriors group exhibit at Artshare L.A. May 27 to June 14.
- Out There group exhibit at LAAA/Gallery 825 June 9 to 17.
- Photo Independent at the Reef, DTLA. April 21-23. Booth#127.
- Common Threads group show sponsored by Artshare LA, curated by yours-truly Richard S. Chow, @ the Angel City Brewery. Show runs from Feb 2 to March 3. 216 Alameda Street, DTLA Art District, CA. MOPLA featured event Month of Photography LA by Lucie Foundation.
- Groundwork Coffee presenting Richard’s URBANSCAPE series, November 2016 to March 30, 2017. Address 671 Rose Ave, Venice CA (Rose near Lincoln Blvd.)
- Female Figures exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery, Bergamot Station, Santa Monica. April 5-12.
- Ocean exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery, Bergamot Station Santa Monica, from Jan 6th to 28th.
- MOPLA 2017 First Annual Photo Book Exhibit + Reading Room at Venice Arts, from Jan 7th to 29th, at Venice Arts, 1702 Lincoln Blvd., Venice, California 90291
- PHOTO LA 2017 Photography Fair at The Reef/LA Mart, Jan 12-15. DTLA, CA.
- Mini Solo, Perimeter Gallery II at Artshare L.A., Dec 10 to Jan 7. 801 E 4th Place, Los Angeles CA.