This series won an IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category.Go to Urbanscape
Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention award in 3 categories at the 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 117+ jurors in this year's competition, who received 17841 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
Black and White | Film-not-Dead | Street photography in cities around the world.Go to B/W
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight
- TIFA 2016 (December) – Tokyo International Foto Awards – Feel blessed and honored to receive 3 winning awards.
- GOLD in Architecture – Urbanscape I
- SILVER in People - Distant Memories
- BRONZE in Architecture – Urbanscape II (BW)
- IPA 2016 – Extremely grateful to receive 4 Honorable Mentions in the 2016 IPA International Photography Awards for 2 of my series:
- Urbanscape BW – Architecture with 3 winning categories a) Cityscape b) Buildings c) Architecture
- Distant Memories – Special Category
- New books, have a look…
- MOAH Museum of Art and History at Lancaster CA, Cedarfest-32nd annual Juried exhibit, June 17-Aug 6. Opening June 17 4-8pm
- LACP Los Angeles Center of Photography Members Exhibit at dnj Gallery at Bergamot Station, Santa Monica. July 15-Aug 26. Reception on July 15.
- LAAA Gallery 825 Annual Benefit and Exhibit, July 29 at 7pm, a elegant evening of art, fund raising for a great cause, and socialization.
- Putting on my producer hat for the the next OPEN SHOW LA event
- Open Show LA #41 will be at the dnj Gallery to show case LACP’s members. Please save the date July 27th 7-10pm.
- Please submit for the next event #42, we like to Get Your Work Seen.
- 2017 URBANSCAPE, Gallery 417 at Metro 417, Downtown LA. Artist Reception on May 11, 6-8pm. 417 South Hill St., Suite#100, LA CA 90013. Corner of 4th and Hill. Metro Red Line @ Pershing Square. Hours M-F 9-6pm, SAT 10-4pm. Press Release.
- 2017 Distant Memories + URBANSCAPE, Neutra Institute Gallery & Museum at Silver Lake, CA. Aug-Sept.
- 2016 Distant Memories, Gallery Presents (Phantom Gallery Presents), Hawthorne CA
- 2015 Memories Redux, Cause Gallery, Chung-king Road Art District, Downtown LA
- Solo Exhibit at Gallery 417 at Metro 417, DTLA. Artist Reception on May 11, 6-8pm. 417 South Hill St., Suite#100, LA CA 90013. Corner of 4th and Hill. Metro Red Line @ Pershing Square.
- Exteriors group exhibit at Artshare L.A. May 27 to June 14.
- Out There group exhibit at LAAA/Gallery 825 June 9 to 17.
- Photo Independent at the Reef, DTLA. April 21-23. Booth#127.
- Common Threads group show sponsored by Artshare LA, @ the Angel City Brewery. Opening party Feb 9th 6-9pm. Show runs from Feb 2 to March 3. Curated by yours-truly Richard S. Chow. 216 Alameda Street, DTLA Art District, CA 90013. MOPLA featured event Month of Photography LA by Lucie Foundation
- Groundwork Coffee presenting Richard’s URBANSCAPE series, November 2016 to March 30, 2017. Address 671 Rose Ave, Venice CA (Rose near Lincoln Blvd.)
- Female Figures exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery at Bergamot Station, Santa Monica. April 5-12. Opening Reception April 5, 6-9pm.
- Ocean exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery, Bergamot Station Santa Monica, from Jan 6th to 28th. 2525 Michigan Ave, G-8, Santa Monica.
- MOPLA 2017 First Annual Photo Book Exhibit + Reading Room at Venice Arts, from Jan 7th to 29th, at Venice Arts, 1702 Lincoln Blvd., Venice, California 90291
- PHOTO LA 2017 Photography Fair at The Reef/LA Mart, Jan 12 – 15, 2017. 1933 Broadway, Los Angles CA.
- Mini Solo, Perimeter Gallery II at Artshare L.A., Dec 10 to Jan 7. 801 E 4th Place, Los Angeles CA 90013.
IPA/International Photography Awards by The Lucie Foundation – Wining series for four straight years: 2013 (Urbanscape, aka Color Redux), 2014(Crystal Cove), 2015(Distant Memories in 3 categories), 2016 (Urbanscape BW in 3 categories, Distant Memories).