This series won an IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category.Go to Urbanscape
Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention award in 3 categories at the 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 117+ jurors in this year's competition, who received 17841 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
Black and White | Film-not-Dead | Street photography in cities around the world.Go to B/W
News / Recent Exhibits
- TIFA 2016 – Tokyo International Foto Awards – Feel blessed and honored to receive 3 winning awards.
- GOLD in Architecture – Urbanscape I
- SILVER in People - Distant Memories
- BRONZE in Architecture – Urbanscape II (BW)
- IPA 2016 – Extremely grateful to receive 4 Honorable Mentions in the 2016 IPA International Photography Awards for 2 of my series:
- Urbanscape BW – Architecture with 3 winning categories a) Cityscape b) Buildings c) Architecture
- Distant Memories – Special Category
- December Exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery, Dec 1 to 29, at the Bergamot Station; 2525 Michigan Ave., Building G-8, Santa Monica, CA 90404.
- Perimeter Gallery at Artshare L.A., Dec 10 to Jan 7. Opening party on Dec 9th, 7-10pm. 801 E 4th Place, Los Angeles CA 90013.
- Groundwork Coffee presenting Richard’s Urbanscape series, November 2016 to March 30, 2017. Address 671 Rose Ave, Venice CA (Rose and Abbott Kinney)
- Beach/Ocean exhibit at Beyond The Lines Gallery, Bergamot Station Santa Monica, opening party on January 6th 5-9pm. 2525 Michigan Ave, G-8, Santa Monica.
- PHOTO LA 2017 Photography Fair at The Reef/LA Mart, Jan 12 – 15, 2017. 1933 Broadway, Los Angles CA.
- MOPLA 2017 First Annual Photo Book Exhibit + Reading Room at Venice Arts, opening reception on Jan 21 3-6pm, at Venice Arts, 1702 Lincoln Blvd., Venice, California 90291
- Common Threads group show sponsored by Artshare LA, @ the Angel City Brewery. Opening party Feb 9th 6-9pm. Show runs from Feb 2 to March 3. Curated by Richard S. Chow. More details coming soon.
- Putting on my producer hat for the the next OPEN SHOW LA event
- Presenting the FOCUS winner/finalists at PHOTOLA, Jan 14 Saturday at noon. Details here.
- Please submit for the next event (Feb/March) to share your work.
- New book, have a look…
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight
- Portraits November show at Beyond The Lines Gallery Nov 5 to Dec 1. Opening reception on Nov 5, 6-10pm. Bergamot Station; 2525 Michigan Ave., Building G-8, Santa Monica, CA 90404.
- Venice Art 23rd Anniversary Gala exhibit - Oct 8 to Nov 5. With the gala celebration on Nov 5.
- Photographic Language, Group Exhibit at the Lark Gallery, Hawthorne CA, Oct 1 to 22. Very appreciative of the review at the Huffington Post!
- Manhattan Beach Library “Beyond Books Art and Jazz Concert”, Sept 17
- Double Vision group exhibit at the Gloria Delson Contemporary Art (GDCA) in Downtown LA, curated by Petra Wright – Aug 1 to Aug 31.
- Human Rights Project Exhibit at The Gallery Presents (Phantom Galleries Los Angeles) at Hawthorne CA, July 30th to Aug 21st.
- 2016 CA 101 annual juried Art Exhibit curated by Nina Zak Laddon - South Bay Galleria, Redondo Beach CA. July 22 – July 31.
- Solo Exhibit - At The Gallery Presents a solo show, curated by Dulce Stein. April 30 to June 26. It is also a featured exhibit by MOPLA (Month of Photography LA) by the Lucie Foundation. THANK YOU for coming to the opening! See Show Review, thanks to Joseph Hazani, Art Critic. And see gallery pictures
- Out There exhibit at Gallery 825 (LA Art Association) on LaCienga Blvd – June 10 to 17.
- Photo Independent April 29-May 1, at Raleigh Studio, Hollywood. In the LACP booth, LA Center of Photography. Great crowd!
- MOPLA Group exhibit “Diverse/City” at the Arena 1 Gallery, Santa Monica Art Studios, an official themed event for MOPLA. Opening reception on April 9th, show runs thru May 9th.
- MOPLA Instagram Jam at the Smashbox Studios, Culver City CA. Curated by Lucie Foundation.
- Group exhibit at the 1560 Gallery, Echo Park CA, entitled “Reflections the Visual Echo” Two of my photographs are included.
- Exhibited at the 50th anniversary Photo l.a. Fair in January of 2016, at the OPEN SHOW LA booth. Very pleased with the busy turn-out; seeing old friends and meeting new ones.
IPA/International Photography Awards by The Lucie Foundation – Wining series for four straight years: 2013 (Urbanscape, aka Color Redux), 2014(Crystal Cove), 2015(Distant Memories in 3 categories), 2016 (Urbanscape BW in 3 categories, Distant Memories).