Like finding shells on the shore, I am collecting visual memories... Honorable Mention awards in 2016 and 2015 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Thanks to all 130+ jurors in the annual competition, who received over 20,000 submissions from 230+ countries.Go to Distant Memories
This series won IPA (International Photography Awards) Architecture category. Silver award in 2013, HM's in 2016 and 2017.Go to Urbanscape
B/W - Road Less Travelled
Black and White | Film-not-Dead | Street photography in cities around the world.Go to B/W
Into the Light
Honorable Mention awards in 2017 and 2018 at International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation. Series sold to American Hotel in Downtown LA and other collectors.Go to Into The Light
Honorable Mention award in 2018 at International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation.Go to Floral Noir
Abstract PhotographyGo to Abstract
Nikon selected, Twilight, for a globally distributed calendar by Nikon Photo Contest International (NPCI ). The published calendar was comprised of 13 photographs selected from the annual competition which received 31,000 entries from 117 countries.Go to Twilight
Honorable Mention award in 2014 International Photography Awards (IPA) by Lucie Foundation -- Crystal Cove Historical District is located in the Southern California coastline , with its amazing culture and history of improbable survival, and remains the area’s singular, unchanged iconic place in the sun since the 1920′s.Go to Crystal Cove
Be Not Proud
On-going series about cessation of life.Go to Be Not Proud
News + Exhibits
- Common Threads II Group show curated by Richard. Official MOPLA event (Month of Photography LA), supported by Art Share L.A., at the Angel City Brewery, 216 Alameda Street, LA.
- Show duration from April 4 to April 29. More info on the exhibit is here.
- Photoplay exhibit at the Hive Gallery, DTLA. March 9 – March 31
- Month of Photography LA Photo Book Exhibit, MOPLA global juried, Apr 11 – Apr 29. House of Lucie Gallery at the ROW DTLA.
- Solo Exhibit at the Metro 417 Gallery, Downtown LA, July 9 – Aug 5.
- LACP Alumni Exhibit, May 10 – June 10
- Your Mother Tongue exhibit, image+poem, Griffin Museum of Photography, Boston MA. June 26 – Sept 14
- See CV for full list of 2019 exhibits
- IPA 2018 -Extremely happy and grateful to receive 4 Honorable Mentions in the 2018 IPA International Photography Awards on 4 separate series/images. Curated by a team of 72 jurors.
- I am at ARTSY.NET, represented by United Photographic Artists Gallery (UPAG) and Fabrik Project Gallery in Culver City, CA. Check out the photography offered at Artsy, a premier go-to site for great photographic arts. Hit the Follow button to see my new additions.
- New books, have a look…
- Very grateful to receive an art review for my solo at Museum of Art and History Lancaster, thanks Genie Davis:
Richard Chow’s “Distant Memories”, is a lovely black and white series that takes us from the village to the sea. Capturing elegiac images of a childhood he could’ve experienced on Southern California beaches, but as an immigrant, did not; he’s collected a beautiful series of images into wall installations. Viewed at a remove through pier telescopes and long lenses, Chow lets us view just glimpses of wonder, a personal window into community, family, and love. Subjects from the Manhattan Beach Pier to body-boarders in the surf framed by the shade of a beach umbrella cumulatively shape and recreate an ephemeral time and place that never quite was, but always will be.” – Genie Davis